Saturday, February 26, 2011

fun, yet tough job!

feli, here's your weekly post! haha.
I've been going back to school for the past 2 weeks. 7AM EVERYDAY! It has become my daily routine and I'm up so early on a Saturday as well, woke up at 7 and cant sleep anymore. My class is really cute, especially the boys. Small size, wear spectacles, carrying those big bags of theirs, and I always laugh at their conversations. The way they talk and the content of their conversations are really funny! But they can be monsters too. When I mark their work and corrections, I really feel like banging the wall and burn their papers. haha. Their handwriting is OMG, and they always need to do re-corrections and RE-corrections and RE-CORRECTIONS. Because they kept talking and playing in class when I wanted them to focus and do their work. Their mouths just cant stop moving. I guess that's the difficulty in teaching lower primary from upper primary. I have worse experiences relieving P6 classes. So I'll stick to my P4s :)

I met my P1, P4 and P6 teachers there! So cool. My P1 teacher was like telling all the teachers over there that I'm her former student so many yrs ago. And my P4 teacher said that my face didn't change at all from then. I don't know that's a compliment or....... I shall take that as a compliment. haha. He could recognize me when he saw me and went "I've taught you before right? You were in my class." I think I've been naughty in his class that's why he remembers me. It feels great to see them after so many yrs and talking to them about old school days and the students. How nice :)

I saved alot on transport and food while working there. I walk to sch everyday as the sch is just a 10 mins walk from my house. I had canteen food for lunch and breakfast sometimes and they are SO CHEAP. Fish burger + a cup of milo = $1. Mixed veg rice + soup = $1.80. Tauhu goreng, gado gado = $1. I'm always "um chioing" when I buy the canteen food. Cheap food makes me happy!

I guess I've learnt alot about teaching from the Preschoolers and relief teaching. The principal and teachers there helped and taught me alot of things. I attended their teacher's meetings on tuesdays as well where I get to hear many experiences and good teaching methods. Apart from that, every Tuesday is also my free food day! They will actually buy lunch for everybody and we'll eat as we talk. This is how busy teachers are. So people, APPRECIATE your teachers, esp those good ones. For those who are considering teaching in the future, take up teaching internships or relief teaching when you're free. You will get to know more about teaching and experience it yourself and see if it's suitable for you. Teaching is a tough job, but a fulfilling one as well!

A laugh is just like sunshine.
It freshens all the day.
It tips the peak of life with light.
And drives the clouds away.


So laugh more people!

No comments:

Post a Comment